04 October 2009

normalcy

so it's been over a month now since i invaded japan. i still have yet to fully take it over, but i'm starting to find ways to do my best to just fit in. i know this will never be possible, though, and frankly...i'm a bit glad i won't fit in.

my clothes have changed a lot recently and i wear a lot more clothes that normally i wouldn't wear in the states. it's jsut the clothes in japan are irresistible and i can find anything to my liking. but see...this is where japan has accomplished something i don't think america quite grasps. in america, there's a high demand or, in some cases, just a medium demand for something and it's granted with excessive amounts for the masses to be happy. in japan, there's a high demand for something...too fucking bad. if it's gone, it's fucking gone. when they say it's seasonal, it's seasonal. if you see it one day, you might not see it ever again.

i find this extremely true with almost everything. it's a bit annoying because if i really like something, but decide i'll sleep on it for a few days or i just plum forgot to bring enough cash, i can't buy the item. if i go back, it's gone and it's GONE. this is very true with clothes. that's where most of my money has vanished to...clothes. i just can't help it. i find new clothing stores every single time i go out, even in my small little town of nisshin. sakae...oh my lord... i've found 5 different places to go shopping all of them are something in the range of 5-7 stories tall of just fashion for girls. osu was more of a guy's place, but it was still cute! even had some loli stuff! (too expensive, though!)

but i've stopped my spending (today was literally the last day until i get my next scholarship payment), so it's food buying ONLY until then. i'm only going to buy my stamps for letters and that's it.

so an update on my health: a lot better. i still have a bit of a cough that seems to only act up at night when i lay down or sometimes, if i sit for too long. not quite sure why, but i'm going to have the doctor take a look at it later this week.

classes are going well and i might be bumped up sometime soon. i'm excited if that happens, though my other classmates in the section right above mine tell me to stay down because theirs is too hard. from what i see...it's more like they're self-taught and the teacher doesn't actually teach them. could be just how they do it, but i'm not totally sure. in any case, i would rather be higher and learning than reviewing.

so as this post title says, things have settled into a state of normalcy and i'm starting to find my pace. i've made quite a nice bunch of friends and while i generally get along well with the people in the entire house, there are still some people i stay away from or some i'd rather not see. but if things get tough, i know i can always come to my room where i have decorated it with pictures of home, friends, family, and my cats. always a plus.

ah! on a final note! i got the new kingdom hearts game and i can hardly put it down! it's so much fun! but it doesn't get in the way of studying, i swear.

much love!

~星子☆

4 comments:

  1. Yay! This post made me very happy! I'm really glad that you've found your own rhythm in the land of the rising sun. ^^

    Please keep us updated on how you're feeling, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wait for you in Mt. Fugi. Your Father is also welcome. Godzlla is a big fan of the Slate band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, sounds like you're doing just fine!

    I think I get what you're saying about Japanese Distribution. I think that the US's problem (and most likely parts of Europe) is that there demand for a product is so widespread and massive (not to say that Japan doesn't have a huge population) that companies sometimes overproduce as a means to stay in the safe zone when it comes to distribution.

    But yeah, super sweet that things are going well. I'm glad you've hit your equilibrium :D

    179 days is super adicting, it's getting in the way of MY studies :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yar~
    I be happy that yer settling in! I can't believe it's only been about a month...O_O

    ReplyDelete