10 September 2009

料理作る

(cooking food)

today i decided i'd try my hand at cooking. after classes i went out with two girls (australian and canadian [but she hates to be called canadian. she's quebecian so i call her that {and she loves me for it XD}]) to the super market nearby and asked them to help me find food to cook. i walked around like a little lost puppy following the girls around. i had huge eyes and was just in complete fear. i think at times i shook from total nervousness. this is such a huge deal for me, but i want to cook and to learn how to cook so that way i'm not completely useless when i go back to the states.

so, my apologizes with the lack of pictures and videos. photobucket will not upload my pictures and it seems the videos are being a hassle as well. tomorrow, after my first placement test, unless i go exploring some more (which i probably won't do until later), i'll do my best to fix what's going on.

all right, so i finally had my first meal that I made. the rice...well it got a little burnt- NOT TERRIBLY! and one of the girls threw a spice into the rice before it was done so it's all nice. plus the soy sauce adds a nice touch. the meat i made is really good. and i made it even better with a sesame seed sauce that we bought.

so all in all, my first REAL made meal could've been horrible, but it was actually pretty decent. YAY FOR ME!

here's a picture SHOWING PROOF I ACTUALLY COOKED!












MY RICE AND MY MEAT! YEAH!!!!! i feel so amazingly accomplished!
ok, now to go study for tomorrow's test. hope i get into intermediate high...but i doubt it XD

~星子☆

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, hun! It looks quite tasty!

    You'll have to cook for me when I visit >=3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks tasty!

    You seem to give yourself too little credit about these things! I find that I always burn the rice to some degree, so it's no biggie.

    Man that looks ten types of delicious!

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That looks good! You're making me hungry!!!

    Congrats!!! Good luck on your placement test!

    -Aydan

    ReplyDelete
  4. and that is why they have rice cookers.... XD - di d you get intermediate-high?

    ReplyDelete
  5. to everyone: thanks guys! i just figured out now how to reply to comments.

    to frauggie: nope, i don't know what place i'm in until like wednesday at the latest, sadly... it's a bit annoying, but oh well. monday or tuesday (or possibly both days) i'm taking more placement tests to find out EXACTLY where i'll be placed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does this mean you can make dinner when you come home? Miss you. Molly, Pete & Jack say hi too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that our meal turned out better than it would have if Rathy cooked it!
    GOOD JOB THATZ!
    <3 always
    ~Cesia

    ReplyDelete